Renaissance St. Salvator Church is a favourite Prague concert venue
Prague's largest Protestant church of St. Salvator (Holy Saviour) is a rare example of Renaissance sacred architecture comissioned by Emperor Rudolf II. The construction of St. Salvator Church was a political event, typical for tension in Czech lands before The Thirty Years war. German Lutherans built this church after futile attempts to acquire one of the existing Old Town´s churches for their own worships. But only six years after its completion, in 1620, when the violent recatholization took place in the Czech lands, the Lutherans were expelled from the country and the church was handed over to the Catholic order of Paulians. Currently the church is Protestant again, and its simple white interior with interesting Baroque tribunes stands, for its excellent acoustics, as a favourite concert venue for concerts of sacred and classical music.
* Walking distance from Prague Ticket Office - Via Musica shop on Old Town Square:
* Accessibility by Prague public transport:
metro A (green line) - Staromestska stop
* Nearest car parking:
Rudolfinum Parking, Alsovo nabrezi 12, Praha 1