The Church of St. Ignatius and the neighboring Jesuit colleges were built in 1665-1671
according to the designs of the architect Carlo Lurago, which was inspired by the Il Gesú church in Rome. The church was consecrated in 1678. The church stands on the corner of today's Charles Square and Ječná Street.
The church belonged to the Jesuit college until its dissolution in 1773, and then again belonged to the restored order of Jesuits in the years 1886 — 1950. After the fall of communism, the church was again returned to the order of the Society of Jesus in 1990.
How to get there:
- Accessibility by public transport:
metro B (yellow line) - Karlovo náměstí station
trams Nos. 2, 3, 4, 10, 16, 14, 18, 22, 23 - Karlovo náměstí stop
- Nearest car parking:
Central Parking Prague (parking fee), Karlovo nám. 292/15