Bedřich Smetana’s Bartered Bride is the founding work of modern Czech opera
Czech original version with English and German surtitles
The Bartered Bride by Bedřich Smetana managed to exceed the domestic framework and became a permanent part of the world’s operatic repertoire. The grotesque yet highly moving story is grasped with tenderness, intelligent wit and hyperbole, as well as an understanding for the long-gone order (disorder) of human lives in the Czech village.
Soloists of the National Theatre Orchestra
National Theatre Opera Choir
Continuo Theatre members under the leading of the Artistic Director Pavel Štourač
Members of the Kühn's Childrens Choir
- Please check the current conditions for admission to concerts.
- Printed tickets required.
- Purchased tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
- The price includes service fee of 3,7 € (100,- CZK)
- No discounts are provided.
- Theatre is a cultural institution. Please respect the common principles of appropriate behaviour and clothing.
- Two 15 minutes intermissions
- The program may be subject to change.
Prague National Theatre is a symbol of Czech culture. You can see the top opera, ballet and drama performances here.