The church is protected as a cultural monument of the Czech Republic
The St. Michael Lutheran Church is the seat of the Czech, Slovak and English congregation of the Evangelical Church of the Augsburg Confession in the Czech Republic.
The church in it's current form stands on the site of the original church built the 12th century. It was rebuilt in the Gothic style in 14th century. The church was modified during Renaissance and reconstructed in Baroque during 1717–22, abolished in 1787 and restored three years later as an evangelical church.
How to get there:
- Accessibility by Prague public transport:
metro B (yellow line) - Národni třída station or Karlovo náměstí Station
tram Nos. 5, 17 - Jiráskovo náměstí stop
tram Nos. 2, 9, 17, 18, 22, 23 - Národní divadlo stop
- Nearest car parking:
Central Parking Prague, Karlovo náměstí 292/15