Vassa Zheleznova: is there any future for us? How should it look like?
In Czech with English subtitles
Vassa Zheleznova is a businesswoman.
Vassa Zheleznova is a mother.
Vassa Zheleznova’s husband is dying.
Vassa Zheleznova’s children are no good.
Luckily, her oldest daughter returns from abroad and perhaps could set things right.
Is there any FUTURE for Vassa Zheleznova?
“Life is more than just work” says the current generation (as well as one of the characters in the play); “but what is life, then?” asks Vassa. And we pose the same question.
Maxim Gorky´s characters have been expecting a turn of events – they’ve sensed it but couldn’t name it or foresee the consequences. Our current situation is quite similar, we know something is happening – something must happen! – but we don’t know what and how.
It might seem depressive, but it’s actually rather comic. Or horror. Or perhaps both. This situation certainly allows us to play with the genre, laugh at ourselves, and then wait all together for the future to come – it is near, but we have no idea what it’ll bring about.
- Please check the current conditions for admission to concerts.
- Purchased tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
- No discounts are provided.
- Theatre is a cultural institution. Please respect the common principles of appropriate behaviour and clothing.
- The program may be subject to change.
- The price includes service fee of 3,7 € (100,- CZK)
Prague is full of opera and ballet!