The Pearl Fishers Opera is considered to be the second best in Bizet's work by many critics
In French with Czech and English surtitles
The Pearl Fishers Opera is considered to be the second best in Bizet's work by many critics. It employs Indian ethnic music motifs which makes it very original piece of work. It is sometimes referred to as the "colonial opera".
In the environment of Ceylon (now referred as Sri Lanka), it is a story of two friends that become implacable enemies for the sake of a woman. Colourful musical instrumentation and the exotic theme of the story are typical for European romanticism, however undoubtedly attractive also today for contemporary opera fans.
Moravian Theatre Olomouc Orchestra, Chorus and Ballet
- Please check the current conditions for admission to concerts.
- Two 20-minute intermissions
- Theatre is a cultural institution. Please respect the common principles of appropriate behaviour and clothing.
- The program may be subject to change.
- The purchased tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
- No discounts are provided.
- The price includes service fee of 3,7 € (100,- CZK)
List of all wonderful venues in Prague