Event is no longer available.
This event has already taken place. However, there´re many other events in our offer to choose from. Please use links below or our easy event search form to continue.
Where to go?
||October 12, 2019 | 19:00 (Sat)
||The National Theatre
The Cunning Little Vixen by Leoš Janáček
Czech original version with Czech and English surtitles
Janáček’s celebrated “philosophical revue“ on animals and people, desire, disillusionment with life and wise atonement with eternal Nature was inspired by the newspaper serial story of Rudolf Těsnohlídek and Stanislav Lolek.
Transposed in 1921-1923 with great understanding, feeling and hyperbole into operatic form, The Cunning Little Vixen is a title possessing significant potential to captivate the audience. Owing to its wit, profound ideas and emotionality, this opera speaks to adults, while children are enchanted by its picturesque nature and exquisite scenery.
Soloists of the National Theatre Opera
National Theatre Orchestra
National Theatre Chorus
Ballet of the National Theatre Opera
- One 20- minute intermission
- The program may be subject to change.
- The purchased tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Theatre is a cultural institution. Please respect the common principles of appropriate behaviour and clothing.
- For the performances of the National Theatre, Karlín Music Theatre and the Estates Theatre, no discounts are provided.