Guided tour of the Neo-Renaissance State Opera built as the New German Theatre by the Prague German community in 1888
Tour in English language
With its stage parameters and auditorium capacity, it is the most generous theatre space in Prague. After a four-year demanding reconstruction, its operation was renewed by a gala concert at the beginning of 2020.
The State Opera is tightly linked with some of the greatest names in music history, such as composers Gustav Mahler, Richard Strauss, and Alois Hába, Italian tenor Enrico Caruso and others.
- The tour starts in the foyer where you will see the terrazzo, the historic box office, and the rich stucco ceiling
- You will then proceed to the auditorium with its brand-new seats equipped with LED panels, exquisite ceiling decorations, and a replica of the “lost” Veith curtain by Martin Černý
- You will walk through the lobby, adorned with busts of R. Wagner, B. Smetana, and L. Janáček, to the Angelo Neumann Lounge which bears the name of the first director of this theatre
See meeting point on the map (in front of the main entrance to the State Opera)
- Please check the current conditions for admission to concerts.
- The tour meets 10 minutes before the official start.
- Please, be punctual, once the tour starts, it is no longer possible to enter the building.
- The purchased tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
- No discounts are provided.
- Theatre is a cultural institution. Please respect the common principles of appropriate behaviour and clothing.
- The program may be subject to change.
- The price includes service fee of 2 € (50,- CZK)
Discover Prague's beauitful spots.