Concert in the renowned St. James Basilica offer the best sound of the largest organ instrument in Prague
Organ concerts in St. James Basilica in Prague are very famous for their long tradition and absolutely unique sound of the organ instrument.
- J. S. Bach
- G. F. Händel
- A. Dvořák
- M. Franck
- F. Mendelssohn-Bartholdy
- J. Hanuš
- I. Hurník
- P. Eben
- Concert in cooperation with various choirs and singers
- Children choir ZVONKY-PRAGUE
- Girls´ chamber choir ABBELLIMENTO
- Jarmila NOVENKOVÁ - choirmaster
- Jakub JANŠTA - organ
The St. James´s organ is the largest organ in Prague and second largest in the Czech Republic. The two-manual organ with a pedal keyboard and 26 stops was completed in 1705 by Abraham Stark of Loket.
The organ´s case, which is still admired today, was quite unique in its time. So far the latest major reconstruction was carried out between 1981 and 1982 by "Varhany Krnov" (Rieger-Kloss). At present the organ has four manuals, 91 speaking stops and 8,277 pipes.
More information about organ
- No intermission
- Dress code: casual
- Program subject to change.
- We recommend arriving at the venue 30 min. prior to the start of the performance.
Here you can check Prague´s classical concerts.