Opening concert of the Dvořák Prague Festival Chamber Music Series
Great chamber music works by two close friends – that would be a possible way to characterise briefly the content of the opening concert of the Dvořák Prague Festival Chamber Music Series. The piano quintets of Antonín Dvořák and Johannes Brahms are some of the finest chamber music to have been composed during their times.
The exceptional quality of these works will be shown by five top instrumentalists: the American violinist Gil Shaham, who is the curator of this year’s Chamber Music Series, his young Czech colleague Josef Špaček who is enjoying a significant international career, the wonderful violist Pavel Nikl, the cellist Kian Soltani, and Gerhard Oppitz, a star among pianists for many years who has long devoted himself to performing Dvořák’s chamber music and solo piano works.
- Antonín Dvořák: Piano Quintet No. 2 in A major, Op. 81, B. 155
- Johannes Brahms: Piano Quintet in F minor, Op. 34
Gil Shaham - violin
Josef Špaček - violin
Pavel Nikl - viola
Kian Soltani - violoncello
Gerhard Oppitz - piano
- Dress code: dark suit
- Printed vouchers required
- The purchased vouchers cannot be returned or exchanged.
- For the concerts of Dvořák Prague Festival, no discounts are provided.
Interested in other Prague musica hall? Check Smetana Hall in Municipal House.