Magic opera Rusalka on stage of the National Theatre: one of the finest works of Czech composer Antonín Dvořák
Czech original version with English surtitles
The moving story of water nymph Rusalka is based on the fairy tale The Little Mermaid by H. Ch. Andersen. The fruit of the co-operation between A. Dvořák and the poet J. Kvapil, who were close both as artists and friends, is a magical, dreamy story of great, unfulfilled desire of the water nymph Rusalka.
In the opera Rusalka Dvořák’s musical genius reached its climax. The fairy-tale atmosphere inspired the composer to create impressionistic music replete with melodic imagination and masterful instrumentation, a suggestive expression of the play of waves and the reflection of moonlight on the surface of a lake, as well as the magic of a fairy-tale dream.
Soloists of the State Opera
State Opera Orchestra
State Opera Chorus
- Two 20- minute intermissions
- The program may be subject to change.
- Purchased tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
- For the performances of the National Theatre, Karlín Music Theatre and the Estates Theatre, no discounts are provided.
- Theatre is a cultural institution. Please respect the common principles of appropriate behaviour and clothing.
Enjoy the opera and ballet performances in Prague.