Bedřich Smetana’s Bartered Bride is the founding work of modern Czech opera
Czech original version with English and German surtitles
The Bartered Bride by Bedřich Smetana managed to exceed the domestic framework and became a permanent part of the world’s operatic repertoire. The grotesque yet highly moving story is grasped with tenderness, intelligent wit and hyperbole, as well as an understanding for the long-gone order (disorder) of human lives in the Czech village.
Soloists of the National Theatre Orchestra
National Theatre Opera Choir
Continuo Theatre members under the leading of the Artistic Director Pavel Štourač
Members of the Kühn's Childrens Choir
- Printed tickets required.
- Visitors are obliged to present an electronic or paper certificate proving that they have met one of the following conditions:
- negative POC antigen test result, not older than 72 hours, or negative PCR test result, not older than 7 days
- 3 weeks after the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- up to 180 days after overcoming COVID-19
These conditions do not apply to children up to the age of 6.
The National Theatre provides its audiences with certified antigen testing. Everyone with a valid ticket can have a rapid test done on the day of the respective performance next to our theatre venues from 4 to 6:30 pm. Visitors will receive a test result in the form of SMS.
Another option is to carry out an antigen self-test on the spot. Test kits are on sale at the National Theatre evening box offices.
Everyone entering our theatre venues is obliged to wear the prescribed nose and mouth covering.
- Purchased tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
- The price includes service fee of 3,7 € (100,- CZK)
- No discounts are provided.
- Theatre is a cultural institution. Please respect the common principles of appropriate behaviour and clothing.
- Two 15 minutes intermissions
- The program may be subject to change.
Prague National Theatre is a symbol of Czech culture. You can see the top opera, ballet and drama performances here.