The Cunning Little Vixen by Leoš Janáček
Czech original version with Czech and English surtitles
Janáček’s celebrated “philosophical revue“ on animals and people, desire, disillusionment with life and wise atonement with eternal Nature was inspired by the newspaper serial story of Rudolf Těsnohlídek and Stanislav Lolek.
Transposed in 1921-1923 with great understanding, feeling and hyperbole into operatic form, The Cunning Little Vixen is a title possessing significant potential to captivate the audience. Owing to its wit, profound ideas and emotionality, this opera speaks to adults, while children are enchanted by its picturesque nature and exquisite scenery.
Soloists of the National Theatre Opera
National Theatre Orchestra
National Theatre Chorus
Ballet of the National Theatre Opera
- The price includes service fee of 3,7 € (100,- CZK)
- Printed tickets required.
- One 20- minute intermission
- The program may be subject to change.
- The purchased tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Theatre is a cultural institution. Please respect the common principles of appropriate behaviour and clothing.
- No discounts are provided.
On the stage of Prague National Theatre you can see the best opera and ballet performances in Prague.