Laterna magika brings Poe’s fantastic universe to life blending modern technologies with top-class dance theatre
Edgar Allan Poe was a true gem. A rough diamond with hundreds of facets. The creators of the brand-new production aim to pay tribute to the variegated world of Poe’s literary treasures, the widely known macabre, mysterious, spine-chilling and disquieting subjects he treated. Moreover, they will present the celebrated author as a keen lover of natural beauty, as well as a writer of philosophical essays and poetry, and strikingly extraordinary humorous tales.
Paying tribute at Laterna magika affords the splendid opportunity to blend state-of-the-art technologies with top-class dance theatre, thus bringing Poe’s fantastic universe to life.
“He who has never swooned, is not he who finds strange palaces and wildly familiar faces in coals that glow; is not he who beholds floating in mid-air the sad visions that the many may not view; is not he who ponders over the perfume of some novel flower—is not he whose brain grows bewildered with the meaning of some musical cadence which has never before arrested his attention.”
(Edgar Allan Poe: The Pit and the Pendulum)
- Please check the current conditions for admission to concerts.
- Purchased tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
- No discounts are provided.
- Theatre is a cultural institution. Please respect the common principles of appropriate behaviour and clothing.
- The program may be subject to change.
- The price includes service fee of 3,7 € (100,- CZK)
Explore Prague. Choose your top tour.