New Year´s Eve with Ball im Savoy in State Opera
Celebrate New Year's in style. Treat yourself to a truly memorable event at the Prague State Opera. Get ready for an evening full of entertainment. Operetta, banquet, live music and space for dancing your feet away after midnight!
About opera Ball im Savoy:
The pivotal episode unfurls at a ball, where Aristide has an assignation with an old flame, the dancer Tangolita. Yet he has no inkling that his wife, Madeleine, has got wind of his intention and decided to attend the ball too, with a close friend of hers, Daisy, who has just returned from America. No one knows that Daisy is the famous composer Pasodoble. Mustapha Bey, the Turkish attaché, falls in love with Daisy, while Célestin, a timid young lawyer, is enchanted by Madeleine ...
All these entangled situations are accompanied by irresistible tones of vertiginous music, engrossing melodies and jazz rhythms, Hungarian dances, Viennese waltz and klezmer. The sophisticated, entertaining modern revue operetta will be adapted by the stage director Martin Čičvák and the conductor Jan Kučera. The State Opera, formerly the Neues deutsches Theater, presented Ball im Savoy in 1933, following which it has been performed in Brno, Ostrava, Opava, Olomouc and Teplice, as well as at the Karlín Music Theatre in Prague.
State opera Chorus
State opera Orchestra
Program of the New Year's Eve evening (19:00-02:30):
- Reception of the spectators, welcome drink and refreshments
- First part of the performance (Ball im Savoy)
- Main banquet (see the menu sample in the gallery)
- Second part of the performance (Ball im Savoy)
- Banquet and midnight toast
- Space for dancing accompanied by live music
Banquets and refreshments:
- Welcome drink before the first part of the performance
- Main banquet during the break on all floors (see the menu sample in the gallery)
- Unlimited consumption of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks in the course of the evening
- Please check the current conditions for admission to concerts.
- Purchased tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
- No discounts are provided.
- Theatre is a cultural institution. Please respect the common principles of appropriate behaviour and clothing.
- The program may be subject to change.
- The price includes service fee of 3,7 € (100,- CZK)
Explore Prague. Choose your top tour.