National Theatre in Prague is the iconic Neo-Renaissance building by architect Josef Zítek
Tour in English language
Beyond the auditorium and the stage, the generous interior includes several halls, lounges, a foyer, and a terrace inviting you to admire the works of Bohuslav Schnirch, Mikoláš Aleš, František Ženíšek, Josef Václav Myslbek, Václav Brožík, Josef Tulka, and Julius Mařák. The location of the former saltworks, acquired for the building’s construction, grants the theatre a beautiful view of the panorama of Hradčany from the Vltava river bank.
- The tour takes you through each floor of the theatre
- You will visit the underground foundation stones, the auditorium on the ground floor, the two foyers with artworks, as well as the highest place a visitor to the National Theatre can get to - the terrace with a view of Petřín Hill and Prague Castle
See meeting point on the map (in front of the main entrance to the National Theatre building, at Národní street.)
- Please check the current conditions for admission to concerts.
- The tour meets 10 minutes before the official start.
- Please, be punctual, once the tour starts, it is no longer possible to enter the building.
- The purchased tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
- No discounts are provided.
- Theatre is a cultural institution. Please respect the common principles of appropriate behaviour and clothing.
- The program may be subject to change.
- The price includes service fee of 2 € (50,- CZK)