Much Ado About Nothing ranks among the most entertaining and frequently staged theatre plays
In Czech with English subtitles
A great game of gossip, love, infidelity, deception, a work teeming with irony and fierce verbal sparring, Much Ado About Nothing is one of Shakespeare’s funniest, most lambent, as well as most “amorous” plays.
This Shakespeare’s comedy could easily be shown “just” as a common play about love and scheming – a story of a young woman Hera who is rejected by her suitor Claudio due to wicked gossip – were it not for the hilarious verbal sparring of the other pair, Beatrice and Benedick, and the grotesque parts of the confused constables.
Much Ado About Nothing has attracted many theatre professionals for its title and plot, but also the sour undertone of the final merry happy wedding. Moreover, in the light of today’s relationships, the characters of Beatrice and Benedick could be presented as the predecessors of the current generation of singles. But would that really be a fitting depiction?
- Please check the current conditions for admission to concerts.
- 20 min. intermission
- Suitable for audience from 12+ years
- Fire guns and smoke effects are used during the performance.
- The program may be subject to change.
- Purchased tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
- No discounts are provided.
- Theatre is a cultural institution. Please respect the common principles of appropriate behaviour and clothing.
- The price includes service fee of 3,7 € (100,- CZK)
Explore Prague with many sightseeing tours to choose from.