The opera La Cenerentola (Cinderella) is a masterpiece by G. Rossini
In Italian with Czech and English surtitles
One of the most frequently performed works of Gioacchino Rossini, a master of the bel canto style, was premiered on 25 January 1817 at the Teatro Valle in Rome. The libretto is based on Charles Perrault’s fairy tale Cendrillon, first published in 1697 within the collection Les Contes de ma Mère l'Oye.
In his opera La Cenerentola, Rossini presents a broad scope of situations, ranging from the moving to the comical, as well as rewarding types of characters and splendid musical numbers, one of the most famous being Cinderella’s aria Nacqui all'affanno… Non più mesta, a staple of many world-renowned divas.
- One 20- minute intermission
- The program may be subject to change.
- Purchased tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
- For the performances of the National Theatre, Karlín Music Theatre and the Estates Theatre, no discounts are provided.
- Theatre is a cultural institution. Please respect the common principles of appropriate behaviour and clothing.
Check our rich list of events in Prague.