Event is no longer available.
This event has already taken place. However, there´re many other events in our offer to choose from. Please use links below or our easy event search form to continue.
Where to go?
||June 19, 2014 | 19:00 (Thu)
||The State Opera Prague
La Boheme by Giacomo Puccini in Prague's National Theatre
Italian original version with Czech and English surtitles
The opera La Boheme is inspired by the book Scenes de la vie de boheme by Paris-based painter and writer Henry Murger. After its publishing in 1851 the book gained a great success and Giacomo Puccini immediately sensed the enormous dramatic potential in the work.
The moving story of the love between the poet Rodolfo and the tender Mimi, who is not destined to live long, and of the friendship of four young Montmartre artists was an ideal theme for an opera. It was premiered on 1 February 1896 at the Teatro Regio in Turin, conducted by Arturo Toscanini.
Soloists of the State Opera
State Opera Orchestra
State Opera Chorus
- One 20 minutes long intermission
- The program may be subject to change.
- Purchased tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
- For the performances of the National Theatre, Karlín Music Theatre and the Estates Theatre, no discounts are provided.
- Theatre is a cultural institution. Please respect the common principles of appropriate behaviour and clothing.