Event is no longer available.
This event has already taken place. However, there´re many other events in our offer to choose from. Please use links below or our easy event search form to continue.
Where to go?
||March 27, 2019 | 19:00 (Wed)
||The National Theatre
Leoš Janáček´s world famous dramatic opera Jenůfa
Czech original version with English and German surtitles
Janáček’s world-famous dramatic opera presents human relationships formed by the harsh environment of a self–contained rural community where one lives constantly under the watch of others. This plagues the life of Jenůfa and, above all, influences the conduct of her stepmother, Kostelnička (the Sacristian), who at any cost strives to maintain her position and the respect of the whole village. She does so through secretly murdering Jenůfa’s extramarital child.
Soloists of The National Theatre
National Theatre Orchestra
National Theatre Chorus
Ballet of the National Theatre Opera
- Two 20- minute intermissions
- The program may be subject to change.
- The purchased tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Theatre is a cultural institution. Please respect the common principles of appropriate behaviour and clothing.
- For the performances of the National Theatre, Karlín Music Theatre and the Estates Theatre, no discounts are provided.
Full program of the National Theatre