Leoš Janáček´s world famous dramatic opera Jenůfa
Czech original version with English and German surtitles
Janáček’s world-famous dramatic opera presents human relationships formed by the harsh environment of a self–contained rural community where one lives constantly under the watch of others.
This plagues the life of Jenůfa and, above all, influences the conduct of her stepmother, Kostelnička (the Sacristian), who at any cost strives to maintain her position and the respect of the whole village. She does so through secretly murdering Jenůfa’s extramarital child.
Soloists of The National Theatre
National Theatre Orchestra
National Theatre Chorus
Ballet of the National Theatre Opera
- Printed tickets required.
- Two 20- minute intermissions
- The program may be subject to change.
- The purchased tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Theatre is a cultural institution. Please respect the common principles of appropriate behaviour and clothing.
- For the performances of the National Theatre, Karlín Music Theatre and the Estates Theatre, no discounts are provided.
Other opera and ballet performances in Prague