Jazz Dock Orchestra - modern big band
The Jazz Dock Orchestra presents original new works by one of its musical directors, Andy Schofield, alongside a classic repertoire by the great composer/arranger Thad Jones, who began the long tradition of Monday night big bands at New York's Village Vanguard in 1966.
You can enjoy works by Duke Ellington, Thad Jones/Mel Lewis, Gill Evans etc. as well as their own repertoire consisting of the best comopositions of the current Czech and international authors.
Saxes: 1. alt Andy Schofield; 2. alt – Petr Kalfus; 1. tenor – Marcel Bárta; 2. tenor – Suzanne Higgins; baryton sax – Jakub Cirkl.
Trumpets: Petr Harmáček; Oskar Török; Miroslav Hloucal; Štěpánka Balcarová. Trombones: Jan Jirucha; Štěpán Janoušek; Richard Šanda; Tomas Bialko
Rhytm section: piano – Stanislav Mácha; double bass – Tomáš Baroš; drums – Daniel Šoltis.
Jazz Dock´s ten meters long futuristic bar is full of traditional and proven drinks and cocktails as well as specialities and news for anyone with fantasy. You can enjoy also Jazz Dock kitchen´s delicatessen and treat yourself a tasty dinner, all the time during musical production.
- According to the restrictions of the government of the Czech Republic, entry to the concert is limited by valid regulations. We do not want to control you unnecessarily, and that is why we approach the solution in the form of each viewer's own responsibility. Anyone who buys a ticket for a concert also honestly declares that they have been vaccinated, tested negative for antigen or PCR, or that they have had Covid-19 and recovered at least 90 days prior to entry. Thank you for your understanding!
- One 20 minutes intermission
- The drinks and food are not included in the ticket price.
- The seats will be allocated to you by the promoter after the entry to the club.
- We recommend to arrive at least 30 min in advance.
We bring you the best jazz concerts in Prague.