The "enfant terrible" of the world stages in Prague
The recital by the pianist Ivo Pogorelich is one of the most eagerly anticipated events of this year’s Dvořák Prague Festival.
This “enfant terrible” of the world’s stages is regarded as one of today’s most original pianists, and he will be presenting his brilliant piano technique and his individual interpretive approach to stylistically quite diverse repertoire with a program ranging from the Baroque maestro Johann Sebastian Bach, the formal perfection of one of Ludwig van Beethoven’s sonatas, and the melancholy musical language of Frédéric Chopin to one of the key modern works penned by Maurice Ravel.
Ivo Pogorelich’s concert is surely to be an unforgettable experience.
- Johann Sebastian Bach: English Suite No. 3 in G minor, BWV 808
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Piano Sonata No. 11 in B flat major, Op. 22
- Fryderyk Chopin: Barcarolle in F sharp major, op. 60
- Fryderyk Chopin: Prélude in C sharp minor, Op. 45
- Maurice Ravel: Gaspard de la Nuit – piano cycle after poetry collection by Aloysius Bertrand
- Dress code: dark suit
- Printed vouchers required
- The purchased vouchers cannot be returned or exchanged.
- For the concerts of Dvořák Prague Festival, no discounts are provided.
Check concerts at St. Giles Church.