The original design of the ceiling, frescoes (by K. D. Assam), stucco decoration (by B. Spinetti) and statues (by A. Braun) are a masterful example of the Baroque sense of dramatic effect. Completed by a splendid chandelier, donated to the Orthodox Church by Russian Tsar Alexander II. in 1880, St. Nicholas church on Old Town Square has one of the most impressive church interiors in Prague.
The front of the church was originally located at a small square called "Hen Market" and the church itself was surrounded by many other buildings, hence its strange orientation. The house right next to the church stands on the birthplace of Franz Kafka. Popular classical music concerts in St. Nicholas Church are among the most favourite ones. After the evening concert, the Old Town Square enlighted by lanterns and night lighted Church of Our Lady before Týn are an unforgetable sight!