Enjoy famous classical masterpieces at St. Francis of Assisi Church by Charles Bridge!
We kindly invite you to popular organ concerts at St. Francis of Assisi Church. Thanks to high artistic level these Prague classical concerts are an unforgettable experience. Enjoy a rich sound of baroque organ together with soprano. This combination will amaze you by new colours and sound variations.
- Johann Sebastian Bach - Preludium and fugue F Major
- Georg Friedrich Händel - Ombra mai fu - Oratorio Xerxes
- Georg Friedrich Händel - Aria from oratorio Joshua
- Joseph Haydn - Welch ein Gluck
- Josef F. Norbert Seger - Toccata and Fugue in D
- W. A. Mozart - Alleluja
- César Franck - Panis Angelicus
- Giuseppe Verdi - Aria Ingemisco Tahquam Reus
- František Xaver Brixi - Fugue C Major
- Antonín Dvořák - Duet from Stabat Mater
- B. M. Černohorský - Toccata C major
- Franz Schubert - Ave Maria
- Charles Gounod - Ave Maria
- Gioacchino Rossini - Domine Deus
Lucie Laubová - soprano
Dušan Růžička - tenor
Markéta Šmejkalová - organ
Listen to festive fanfares, played by two trumpeters in stylized costumes on the heraldic trumpets before beginning of the concert at the staircase of the church. The artists are performing usually 30 minutes before beginning of the concert.
About the organ:
The organ of St. Francis of Assisi Church is the second oldest organ in Prague, built in 1702. Many famous personalities such as W. A. Mozart, A. Dvorak or J. Seger played this unique music instrument, which has been recently sensibly repaired.
More organ concerts in Prague