See the stunning State Opera and watch two opera stories about forbidden love
In German, surtitles in Czech, English, German
Eine florentinische Tragödie tells the story of Simone, a Florentine merchant who surprises his wife Bianca with her secret lover, the nobleman Guido. Simon’s feigned hospitality leads to violence, murder and a shocking dramatic twist. Sancta Susanna is the story of a young nun, Susanna, who falls into a sexual frenzy. The creators of both operas, Alexander Zemlinsky and Paul Hindemith, have a place of honour in the musical history of interwar Czechoslovakia. Both enjoyed great respect and fame in their time, both were driven out of Europe to the USA by National Socialism. Both are still waiting for full recognition of their operatic legacy...
State Opera Chorus
State Opera Orchestra
- The purchased tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
- There is a screen with subtitles on each seat.
- No discounts are provided.
- Theatre is a cultural institution. Please respect the common principles of appropriate behaviour and clothing.
- The program may be subject to change.
- The price includes service fee of 3,7 € (100,- CZK)
Check our Prague Castle classical music concerts.