The outstanding opera Don Giovanni was premiered in the Estates Theatre in 1787 by Mozart personally
Italian original version with Czech and English surtitles
The long-standing Mozart tradition belongs among the greatest glories of Prague’s rich cultural history. The Estates Theatre is globally unique as the one and only preserved and still functional venue where a world premiere of a Mozart opera took place with the composer himself conducting. The world premiere of Don Giovanni on 29 October 1787 was a huge success and from Prague the new opera set out on its journey to global acclaim and admiration.
Mozart’s “Prague” opera Don Giovanni is one of the most frequently performed titles at the National Theatre. It is a work of Shakespearean multivalence, blending comedy and tragedy, “high” and “low”, giving rise to philosophical contemplations while at the same time affording entertainment replete with excitement and humour.
- One 20-minute intermission
- The program may be subject to change.
- Purchased tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
- For the performances of the National Theatre, Karlín Music Theatre and the Estates Theatre, no discounts are provided.
- Theatre is a cultural institution. Please respect the common principles of appropriate behaviour and clothing.