Dvořák Hall will echo the P. I. Tchaikovsky´s music
As the Dvořák Prague Festival Orchestra-In-Residence, the Czech Philharmonic will play Tchaikovsky’s Serenade for Strings and his Fifth Symphony with its chief conductor Semyon Bychkov, a specialist in Russian music.
For the familiar Variations on a Rococo Theme, a soloist who is not appearing at the festival for the first time has been invited: the French cellist Gautier Capuçon.
A great proponent of his instrument, he is acclaimed by the public and music critics for the uniqueness of his interpretations, combining technical mastery with cultivated expression and extraordinary refinement of sound.
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky: Serenade for Strings in C major, Op. 48
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky: Variations on a Rococo Theme in A major for Cello and Orchestra, Op. 33
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky: Symphony No. 5 in E minor, Op. 64
Gautier Capuçon - cello
- Dress code: dark suit
- Printed vouchers required
- The purchased vouchers cannot be returned or exchanged.
- For the concerts of Dvořák Prague Festival, no discounts are provided.