The Brahms – Dvořák – Janáček concert affords the State Opera Chorus the opportunity to showcase their skills
by performing a repertoire they are not accustomed to, accompanied by a reduced number of instruments. The programme features Johannes Brahms’s Vier Gesänge, four romantic songs for female choir, two horns and harp (1860); Leoš Janáček’s Our Father for tenor, mixed choir, harp and organ (1901, 1906); and Antonín Dvořák’s Mass in D major, written upon the request of Josef Hlávka, a renowned architect and patron of the arts, for the inauguration of the chapel in his Lužany manor (1887). The mass will be performed in the version with the parts of cellos and double basses, which Dvořák added later.
Johannes Brahms: Vier Gesänge Op. 17 for female chorus, horns and harp
Leoš Janáček: Otčenáš (Our Father) for tenor, mixed chorus, harp a organ
Antonín Dvořák: Mass in D, Op. 86 for soloists, mixed chorus, organ, violoncello and two double bassses
The State Opera soloists
The State Opera Chorus
Jakub Hořejší and Lenka Doležalová – horn
Solenn Grand – harp
Jan Kalfus – organ
Štěpánka Kutmanová – violoncello
Tomáš Josifko and Zuzana Vojáčková – double bass
- Printed tickets required.
- Visitors are obliged to present an electronic or paper certificate proving that they have met one of the following conditions:
- negative POC antigen test result, not older than 72 hours, or negative PCR test result, not older than 7 days
- 3 weeks after the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- up to 180 days after overcoming COVID-19
These conditions do not apply to children up to the age of 6.
The National Theatre provides its audiences with certified antigen testing. Everyone with a valid ticket can have a rapid test done on the day of the respective performance next to our theatre venues from 4 to 6:30 pm. Visitors will receive a test result in the form of SMS.
Another option is to carry out an antigen self-test on the spot. Test kits are on sale at the National Theatre evening box offices.
Everyone entering our theatre venues is obliged to wear the prescribed nose and mouth covering.
- Purchased tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
- The price includes service fee of 3,7 € (100,- CZK)
- No discounts are provided.
- Theatre is a cultural institution. Please respect the common principles of appropriate behaviour and clothing.
- The program may be subject to change.
Check the agenda of Prague opera and ballet performances at the National Theatre.