Beware of Pity: the road to hell is paved with good intentions
In Czech with English subtitles
“Everything started with inaptness, an entirely fortuitous blunder ...” On the eve of the first world war, Anton Hofmiller, an Austro-Hungarian cavalry officer stationed in a sleepy town at the edge of the Empire, is invited to a glamorous party at the home of a rich local landowner. The exhilarated young man asks his host's lovely daughter for a dance, only to discover that sickness has left her painfully crippled.
The embarrassed Hofmiller flees, yet on the very next day he attempts to remedy the dreadful faux pas. Subsequently, he becomes entangled in the trap of his own “compassionate gestures”, ultimately raising the girl’s affection.
Adapted for the stage by Daniel Špinar.
Radúz Mácha - Anton Hofmiller
Pavlína Štorková - Edita
Vladimír Javorský - Kekesfalva
- Please check the current conditions for admission to concerts.
- No intermission
- The program may be subject to change.
- Purchased tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
- No discounts are provided.
- Theatre is a cultural institution. Please respect the common principles of appropriate behaviour and clothing.
- The price includes service fee of 3,7 € (100,- CZK)
Explore Prague with many sightseeing tours to choose from.