Operetta of three acts with superb jazz rhythms, Hungarian dances, Viennese waltz and kletzmer
The pivotal episode unfurls at a ball, where Aristide has an assignation with an old flame, the dancer Tangolita. Yet he has no inkling that his wife, Madeleine, has got wind of his intention and decided to attend the ball too, with a close friend of hers, Daisy, who has just returned from America. No one knows that Daisy is the famous composer Pasodoble. Mustapha Bey, the Turkish attaché, falls in love with Daisy, while Célestin, a timid young lawyer, is enchanted by Madeleine.
All these complicated situations are accompanied by irresistible tones of vertiginous music, engrossing melodies and superb jazz rhythms, Hungarian dances, Viennese waltz and klezmer. The sophisticated, entertaining modern revue operetta will be adapted by the stage director Martin Čičvák and the conductor Jan Kučera. The State Opera, formerly the Neues deutsches Theater, presented Ball im Savoy in 1933, following which it has been performed in Brno, Ostrava, Opava, Olomouc and Teplice, as well as at the Karlín Music Theatre in Prague.
After nine decades, the operetta is now returning to the State Opera, as part of the Musica non grata project.
State opera Chorus
State opera Orchestra
- Please check the current conditions for admission to concerts.
- The purchased tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
- There is a screen with subtitles on each seat.
- No discounts are provided.
- Theatre is a cultural institution. Please respect the common principles of appropriate behaviour and clothing.
- The program may be subject to change.
- The price includes service fee of 3,7 € (100,- CZK)
See other opera and ballet performances in Prague.