Event is no longer available.
This event has already taken place. However, there´re many other events in our offer to choose from. Please use links below or our easy event search form to continue.
Where to go?
||August 12, 2018 | 19:00 (Sun)
||St. Francis Church
Famous Ave Maria and other beautiful classical music highlights are performed by leading opera soloists and organ
The organ of St. Francis of Assisi Church is the second oldest organ in Prague, built in 1702.Many famous personalities such as W. A. Mozart, A. Dvořák or J. Seger played this unique music instrument, which has been recently repaired.
- F. X. Brixi – Preludium C Major
- F. M. Veracini – Sonata A moll
- G. B. Pergolesi – Aria
- T. Albinoni – Adagio G moll for violin and organ
- A. Vivaldi – Domine Deus
- J. S. Bach – Toccata D minor
- J. S. Bach – Aria – St. Matthew Passion
- J. S. Bach – Air from Suite no. 3
- W. A. Mozart – Ave verum
- A. Dvořák – Biblical songs
- F. Schubert – Ave Maria
- J. F. N. Seger – Fuga in D
- C. Franck – Panis Angelicus
Terezie Švarcová - soprano / Veronika Fučíková - Mráčková - mezzo-soprano
Tomáš Koks - violin
Michaela Káčerková - organ
Listen to festive fanfares, played by two trumpeters in stylized costumes on the heraldic trumpets before beginning of the concert at the staircase of the church. The artists are performing in front of the church usually 1,5 - 2 hours before the concert.
- No intermission
- Children under 10 years free of charge
- Dress code: casual
See other organ music in Prague.