Event is no longer available.
This event has already taken place. However, there´re many other events in our offer to choose from. Please use links below or our easy event search form to continue.
Where to go?
Passionate about art? See the artistic highlights of the Prague Castle area with your private guide!
This is your chance to explore the Prague Castle grounds with a highly educated private guides enthusiastic about art and history. We recommend this tour as an initiation meeting with the capital of the former Czech kingdom.
- Hradčany, the Strahov Library, the Saint Vitus Cathedral
- The Royal Palace, Saint George´s Basilica, the Golden Lane
The Hradčany hill is a calm place with almost no traffic, so the tour in this quarter is a relaxing and quiet walk in lovely historic surroundings, enriched by visit to some beautiful interiors.
- The Strahov Library
One of the world´s most beautiful historic libraries: you can explore two halls, one dedicated to theology and one to philosophy. Both halls host richly adorned Baroque libraries, astonishing frescos and impressive stucco ceilings. The oldest book deposited there is from the ninth century, a time when the Czech state hadn´t even existed..
- The Saint Vitus Cathedral
The main shrine of the country. Inside it shelters the most sacred place in the Czech lands – the Saint Wenceslas Chapel, a jewel of Gothic architecture. Inside the cathedral you can also see the Baroque tomb of Saint John of Nepomuk, made of more than three tons of silver, or Art Nouveau window created by Alfonse Mucha.
- The Royal Palace
Will catch your eye not only because of its graceful Late Gothic architecture and star vault, but also because of its Renaissance halls. One of them is the former Diet, another the Land Rolls Hall and finally the Bohemian Chancellery Hall famous for the act of defenestration.
- Saint George´s Basilica
This Romanesque basilica from the 10th century is the embodiment of Middle Ages and one of the oldest churches in the entire Czech Lands. Saint Ludmila, the grandmother of Saint Wenceslas and the most honoured patron of the Czech Lands, is buried there.
- The Golden Lane
The lane is one of the most picturesque places in Prague. Parts of medieval fortification have been preserved there too. The area inspired one of the most famous writers - Franz Kafka rented one of the houses for his sister and used to write there at nights...
- Guide (English, French, Spanish)
- Hotel pick up
See the meeting point on the map. (in front of the Via Musica - Prague Ticket Office shop, Staroměstské nám. 604/14, Prague 1)
- Entrance fees not included within the ticket price
- Children from 4 - 16 years go FREE OF CHARGE (except for the entrance fees)
- This tour is suitable for the mobility impaired who can rent a scooter for the tour.
- If you choose renting a scooter (please see gallery), it will be delievered to the meeting point for you. You will be able to visit the Prague Castle but the Strahov Library only if you can go up a few stairs on your own (about 30 minutes inside).
- In case you prefer to meet in your hotel, please call or text your guide in advance in order to change the meeting point (please find her phone number on your voucher)
Read what the TripAdvisor reviews report about your tour guide´s agency here.