Blending multimedia and physical theatre, Robot Radius, inspired by the work of Karel Čapek, is a truly mesmerizing spectacle
“For our megalomania, for someone’s profits, for progress, I don’t know for what tremendous things we have killed humanity.”
(Karel Čapek, R.U.R.)
The production Robot Radius was created in collaboration with the Office of the Commissioner General for the Participation of the Czech Republic in the Dubai EXPO. It is inspired by Karel Čapek’s sci-fi drama R.U.R., premiered a century ago.
The legacy of the great writer and humanist is brought to life through the prism of 21st–century artists. Blending multimedia and physical theatre, the production applies innovative approaches, primarily the motion capture technology, with a suit that is part of a costume, which makes it possible for us to represent the performer’s movement in real time, and work with interactivity instead of pre-filmed projections. This type of motion capture has not been used at any other Czech theatre.
Directed by Miřenka Čechová, the solo project features the mime artist Radim Vizváry, whose performance on stage is accompanied by the guitarist Michal Pavlíček.
- Please check the current conditions for admission to concerts.
- No intermission
- Purchased tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
- No discounts are provided.
- Theatre is a cultural institution. Please respect the common principles of appropriate behaviour and clothing.
- The program may be subject to change.
- The price includes service fee of 3,7 € (100,- CZK)