Joy of listening to the classial music
Royal Czech Orchestra (chamber) and three of Prague's most acclaimed soloists present a program filled with masterpieces of classical music. The concert takes place at the Klementinum St. Salvator Church, which is situated directly at the Charles Bridge.
- M. A. Charpentier: Te Deum Prélude
- W. A. Mozart: Ave verum
- A. Vivaldi: The Four Seasons - Spring & Summer
- W. A. Mozart: Requiem - Lacrimosa
- J. S. Bach: Air on the G String
- G. Verdi: Aida - Offertorio
- A. Dvořák: Largo from the New World Symphony
- F. Schubert: Ave Maria
- J. S. Bach: Toccata in D minor (on the big organ)
- W. A. Mozart: Salzburg Symphony K136 Allegro
Royal Czech Orchestra
with three soloists:
- Marie Fajtová - soprano
The acclaimed soprano from the Prague National Theater, she is especially famous for her Mozart interpretations. She has toured all of Europe as well as Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and Malaysia. In 2008 she was awarded First Prize at the international Barbara Hendricks singing competition.
- Robert Hugo - organ
The Titular Organist for the St. Salvator Church, Robert Hugo is a sought-after specialist for baroque organs and traditional music of the period.
- Viktor Mazáček- violin solo
A member of the famous Czech Philharmonic Orchestra, Viktor specializes in Baroque music.
The musicians took us on an impressive tour of the musical seasons. The pleasant sound of the Baroque organ has excelled in Bach's compositions, the exquisitely coordinated chamber orchestra portrayed all the layers of emotions, and the beautiful singing of Marie Fajtová was the cherry on the cake.
Other Prague classical music concerts
Feel like exploring the Charles Bridge area?