Ballet inspired by the internationally acclaimed novel The Trial of the famous writer Franz Kafka
In the dark of sleep, a door opens and a woman enters dressed in sheets of paper, symbolizing the fate and the trial that will rage against the protagonist…
Thus is the incipit of The Trial, a ballet by the distinguished Italian choreographer Mauro Bigonzetti, who has been loosely inspired by Franz Kafka’s eponymous 1914 literary masterpiece – its fascinating language, traumatizing plot and still valid message.
The modern production, abounding in dramatic twists and turns, reproduces the story of Josef K., who wakes up on his 30th birthday and finds beside his bed three police agents who want to arrest him for reasons that he doesn’t understand. The disoriented and incredulous protagonist is subsequently carried into a judicial machinery that drags him into a whirl of weird events.
Soloists and corps de ballet of The Czech National Ballet
- Please check the current conditions for admission to concerts.
- Printed tickets required.
- The price includes service fee of 3,7 € (100,- CZK)
- No intermission
- The program may be subject to change.
- Purchased tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
- No discounts are provided.
- Theatre is a cultural institution. Please respect the common principles of appropriate behaviour and clothing.
Check Prague opera and ballet.