Magic opera Rusalka on stage of the State Opera: one of the finest works of Czech composer Antonín Dvořák
Czech original version with English surtitles
The moving story of water nymph Rusalka is based on the fairy tale The Little Mermaid by H. Ch. Andersen. The fruit of the co-operation between A. Dvořák and the poet J. Kvapil, who were close both as artists and friends, is a magical, dreamy story of great, unfulfilled desire of the water nymph Rusalka.
In the opera Rusalka Dvořák’s musical genius reached its climax. The fairy-tale atmosphere inspired the composer to create impressionistic music replete with melodic imagination and masterful instrumentation, a suggestive expression of the play of waves and the reflection of moonlight on the surface of a lake, as well as the magic of a fairy-tale dream.
Soloists of the State Opera
State Opera Orchestra
State Opera Chorus
We thoroughly enjoyed the whole performance. Particulary the roles of Rusalka (soprano) and Water Goblin (bass). The stage setting is superb. Listening to Song to the Moon and White blooms all along the road arias was a dream come true. Excellent orchestra.
- Please check the current conditions for admission to concerts.
- The price includes service fee of 3,7 € (100,- CZK)
- Two 20- minute intermissions
- The program may be subject to change.
- Purchased tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
- No discounts are provided.
- Theatre is a cultural institution. Please respect the common principles of appropriate behaviour and clothing.
Enjoy the opera and ballet performances in Prague.