Dvořák´s Rusalka is a true gem of Czech opera
Czech original version with English surtitles
The composer’s ardent melodies, both tender and dramatically extreme, his masterful work with musical motifs and full-blooded orchestration, together with Jaroslav Kvapil’s fairy-tale libretto, make Rusalka a work of fascinating beauty addressing audiences of all ages.
There is no doubt that the fantastic story and the characters of the nymphs, water goblin or the witch are of a fairy-tale nature, yet in its fairy-tale scenes, Dvořák’s paramount operatic work bears a profound message about the fundamental order of powers, elements, energies and passions in the natural, therefore also human, world.
Soloists of the National Theatre Opera
National Theatre Orchestra
National Theatre Chorus
Ballet of the National Theatre Opera
- Please check the current conditions for admission to concerts.
- Printed tickets required.
- Purchased tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
- The price includes service fee of 3,7 € (100,- CZK)
- No discounts are provided.
- Theatre is a cultural institution. Please respect the common principles of appropriate behaviour and clothing.
- The opera has two 20-minute intermissions.
- The program may be subject to change.