Dvořák´s Rusalka is a true gem of Czech opera
Czech original version with English surtitles
The composer’s ardent melodies, both tender and dramatically extreme, his masterful work with musical motifs and full-blooded orchestration, together with Jaroslav Kvapil’s fairy-tale libretto, make Rusalka a work of fascinating beauty addressing audiences of all ages.
There is no doubt that the fantastic story and the characters of the nymphs, water goblin or the witch are of a fairy-tale nature, yet in its fairy-tale scenes, Dvořák’s paramount operatic work bears a profound message about the fundamental order of powers, elements, energies and passions in the natural, therefore also human, world.
Soloists of the National Theatre Opera
National Theatre Orchestra
National Theatre Chorus
Ballet of the National Theatre Opera
- Printed tickets required.
- Visitors are obliged to present an electronic or paper certificate proving that they have met one of the following conditions:
- negative POC antigen test result, not older than 72 hours, or negative PCR test result, not older than 7 days
- 3 weeks after the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- up to 180 days after overcoming COVID-19
These conditions do not apply to children up to the age of 6.
The National Theatre provides its audiences with certified antigen testing. Everyone with a valid ticket can have a rapid test done on the day of the respective performance next to our theatre venues from 4 to 6:30 pm. Visitors will receive a test result in the form of SMS.
Another option is to carry out an antigen self-test on the spot. Test kits are on sale at the National Theatre evening box offices.
Everyone entering our theatre venues is obliged to wear the prescribed nose and mouth covering.
- Purchased tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
- The price includes service fee of 3,7 € (100,- CZK)
- No discounts are provided.
- Theatre is a cultural institution. Please respect the common principles of appropriate behaviour and clothing.
- The opera has two 20-minute intermissions.
- The program may be subject to change.