Event is no longer available.
This event has already taken place. However, there´re many other events in our offer to choose from. Please use links below or our easy event search form to continue.
Where to go?
Group discount 10+ people
||December 27, 2019 | 19:00 (Fri)
||Municipal House - Smetana Hall
Orchestral concert in the Smetana Hall
A diverse cocktail of famous and popular compositions from the area of symphonic, opera, comic opera and concertante music will bring a pleasantly relaxed, almost New-Year’s-Eve-like mood.
The program comprising famous miniatures will add sentiment and mastery from two excellent soloists – a promising soprano of Slovak origin, Patricia Janečková, and Spanish flautist Claudi Arimany. Their partner will be the West Bohemian Symphony Orchestra Mariánské Lázně with the Swiss conductor Claude Villaret.
- Antonín Dvořák (1841–1904): Polonaise for orchestra in E-flat major, B. 100
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756–1791): Flute Concerto No. 2 in D major, K 314
- Franz Schubert (1797–1828): Symphony No. 3 in D major, D.200
1st movement - 1. Adagio maestoso – Allegro con brio
- Julius Fučík (1872–1916): Miramare, concert overture, Op. 247
- Friedrich von Flotow (1812–1883): Die letzte Rose from the 2nd act of Martha
- Georges Bizet (1838–1875): Jeux d’enfants, Op. 22
(selection from the suite - Impromptu – Duo – Galop)
- Jacques Offenbach (1819–1880): Olympia’s aria from the 2nd act of Les contes d'Hoffmann (Les oiseaux dans la charmille)
- Camille Saint-Saëns (1835–1921): Bacchanale from the opera Samson and Delilah
- Johann Strauss Jr. (1825–1899): Frühlilngsstimmen. Waltz, Op. 41
- Franz von Suppé (1819–1895): Light Cavalry. Overture
Claudi Arimany (ES) – flute
Patricia Janečková (SK) – soprano
West Bohemian Symphony Orchestra Mariánské Lázně
Claude Villaret (CH) – conductor
- One 20 min.intermission
- Dress code: smart casual
Other classical music jewels