Czech Philharmonic deliver P. I. Tchaikovsky
This year’s festival is focusing on the music of Dvořák’s friend and artistic ally Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky. Tonight´s concert featuring two of the composer’s greatest works is one of the festival´s highlights.
Presenting himself in the Violin Concerto in D Major will be another member of the wonderful Capuçon “clan” of musicians, the violinist Renaud Capuçon, whose honours include decoration by the French state as a Chevalier de la Légion d’honneur for his contribution to culture.
The Czech Philharmonic and its chief conductor Semyon Bychkov will then bring the concert to a climax with one of the greatest symphonic works of all times, Tchaikovsky’s moving Pathétique Symphony.
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky: Concerto for Violin and Orchestra in D major, Op. 35
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky: Symphony No. 6 in B minor, Op. 74, „Pathétique“
Renaud Capuçon - violin
- Dress code: dark suit
- Printed vouchers required
- The purchased vouchers cannot be returned or exchanged.
- For the concerts of Dvořák Prague Festival, no discounts are provided.
See Prague´s classical music concerts.