Event is no longer available.
This event has already taken place. However, there´re many other events in our offer to choose from. Please use links below or our easy event search form to continue.
Where to go?
Advent concert: spend a joyful time in Prague listening to classical music
The organ of St. Francis of Assisi Church is the second oldest organ in Prague, built in 1702. Many famous personalities such as W. A. Mozart, A. Dvořák or J. Seger played this unique music instrument, which has been recently repaired.
- Johann Sebastian Bach – Preludium C major, BWV 553
- Francesco Maria Veracini – Sonata A minor
- Georg Friedrich Händel – Largo
- Tommaso Albinoni – Agagio G minor
- C. Saint-Seans – Ave Maria
- Johann Sebastian Bach – Toccata D minor
- Giulio Caccini – Ave Maria
- Johann Sebastian Bach – Air
- Pietro Mascagni – Ave Maria
- Jules Massenet – Meditation from opera Thais
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – Ave verum
- Antonín Dvořák – Biblical song
- Jan Křtitel Kuchař – Fantasie G minor
- Franz Schubert – Ave Maria
- César Franck – Panis Angelicus
Veronika Fučíková-Mráčková - mezzo-soprano
Tomáš Kokš - violin
Jiřina Marešová - organ
Listen to festive fanfares, played by two trumpeters in stylized costumes on the heraldic trumpets before beginning of the concert at the staircase of the church. The artists are performing in front of the church usually 1,5 - 2 hours before the concert.
Check other great organ music concerts in Prague.