Event is no longer available.
This event has already taken place. However, there´re many other events in our offer to choose from. Please use links below or our easy event search form to continue.
Where to go?
||October 19, 2018 | 19:00 (Fri)
||St. Francis Church
Chamber concert of grandiose Czech Baroque music next to the Charles Bridge
The organ of St. Francis of Assisi Church is the second oldest organ in Prague, built in 1702. Many famous personalities such as W. A. Mozart, A. Dvořák or J. Seger played this unique music instrument, which has been recently repaired.
- Antonio Vivaldi – Laudamus Te - duet
- Johann Sebastian Bach – Preludium and fugue F Major
- Georg Friedrich Händel – Aria Ombra mai fu from oratorio Xerxes
- Georg Friedrich Händel – Aria from oratorio Josua
- Joseph Haydn – duet Welch ein Glück
- Josef F. Norbert Seger – Toccata & Fugue in D
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – Alleluja
- César Franck – Panis Angelicus
- Giuseppe Verdi – aria Ingemisco tanquam reus
- F. X. Brixi – Fugue C Major
- Antonín Dvořák – duet from Stabat Mater
- Bohuslav Matěj Černohorský – Toccata C major
- Franz Schubert – Ave Maria
- Charles Gounod – Ave Maria
- G.B.Pergolesi – Amen – duet from Stabat Mater
Michaela Rósza Růžičková - soprano
Dušan Růžička - tenor
Markéta Šmejkalová - organ
Listen to festive fanfares, played by two trumpeters in stylized costumes on the heraldic trumpets before beginning of the concert at the staircase of the church. The artists are performing in front of the church usually 1,5 - 2 hours before the concert.
- No intermission
- Children under 10 years free of charge
- Dress code: casual
Look at other organ music concerts in Prague.