Event is no longer available.
This event has already taken place. However, there´re many other events in our offer to choose from. Please use links below or our easy event search form to continue.
Where to go?
||May 21, 2019 | 19:00 (Tue)
||The National Theatre
Dvořák´s Rusalka is a true gem of Czech opera
Czech original version with English surtitles
The composer’s ardent melodies, both tender and dramatically extreme, his masterful work with musical motifs and full-blooded orchestration, together with Jaroslav Kvapil’s fairy-tale libretto, make Rusalka a work of fascinating beauty addressing audiences of all ages.
There is no doubt that the fantastic story and the characters of the nymphs, water goblin or the witch are of a fairy-tale nature, yet in its fairy-tale scenes, Dvořák’s paramount operatic work bears a profound message about the fundamental order of powers, elements, energies and passions in the natural, therefore also human, world.
Soloists of the National Theatre Opera
National Theatre Orchestra
National Theatre Chorus
Ballet of the National Theatre Opera
- The opera has two 20-minute intermissions.
- The program may be subject to change.
- Purchased tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
- For the performances of the National Theatre, Karlín Music Theatre and the Estates Theatre, no discounts are provided.
- Theatre is a cultural institution. Please respect the common principles of appropriate behaviour and clothing.