Famous Ave Maria at St. Francis Church in Prague
Enjoy a rich sound of Baroque organ together with solo instruments or vocal! This combination will amaze you by new colours and sound variations. The organ of St. Francis of Assisi Church is the second oldest organ in Prague, built in 1702. Many famous personalities such as W. A. Mozart, A. Dvořák or J. Seger played this unique music instrument, which has been recently repaired.
- Henry Purcell - Trumpet Tune
- Josef F. Norbert Seger - Toccata and Fugue C minor
- Giulio Caccini - Ave Maria
- Charles Gounod - Ave Maria
- Joseph Haydn - The Creation - aria of Gabriel
- Jan Křtitel Kuchař - Fantazia g minor
- César Franck - Ave Maria
- Marc-Antoine Charpentier - Te Deum in D - Prelude
- Franz Schubert - Ave Maria
- Jeremiah Clarke - Marche Heroic
- Antonín Dvořák - Biblical songs No. 4, 10
- Louis-Nicolas Clérambault - Fugue D minor
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Alleluja
Štěpánka Heřmánková - soprano
Miroslav Laštovka - trumpet
Vladimír Roubal - organ
Listen to festive fanfares, played by two trumpeters in stylized costumes on the heraldic trumpets before beginning of the concert at the staircase of the church. The artists are performing in front of the church usually 1,5 - 2 hours before the concert.
There is no intermission.
Children under 10 years can come free of charge.
See other organ music concerts in Prague.